- WCOPA 2013 Judges Profile: Jeffrey Weber
- Meet the WCOPA Team: Patrick and Bonnie Hart
- WCOPA Welcomes Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region
- WCOPA Success: National Director Lizette Hunt - Teams Australia & Hong Kong
- WCOPA Announces 2013 Host
- WCOPA Success: Dina Janse van Rensburg Team New Zealand National Director
- WCOPA Success: Anthony Cheah Celebrates 17 Years With World Championships!
- WCOPA Success: Penny Salcedo
- The Fantastic Four Record With The Temptations
- QATAR Joins WCOPA!
- WCOPA Success: Kristoffer Hultling
- Jed Madela Comes to World Championships in 2013
- WCOPA Success: Andrew Papas - Titanium "SKY" Video
- WCOPA Success: Andrew Papas 20/20 Titanium interview
- Meet Anna Onica Judah - WCOPA 2013 Hostess
- WCOPA Success: Andrew Papas
- DANCE ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA !!!!!
- Swimsuits for World Championships 2012!
- World Championships of Performing Arts 2012 FINALS List
- Let's Hand Jive!
- We're CRAZY for Instagram!
- A Day in the Life of a Model
- WCOPA Success: Ariel Saxo
- OPENING CEREMONIES 2012 – National Costume Judges
- Our 2012 Judges for THE FINALS
- WorldStars BOOT CAMP! The MODELING Line-Up
- WorldStars BOOT CAMP! The MUSIC Line-Up
- WorldStars BOOT CAMP! The ACTING Line-Up
- WorldStars BOOT CAMP! The DANCE Line-Up
- CONGRATULATIONS to our scholarship winners.
- WINNER ANNOUNCED: Are You the NEXT WorldStar? Video Contest
- Are You the NEXT WorldStar? Video Contest
- WCOPA Success: Arik Pipestem
- WCOPA Success: Frantz Eddy Daniel Jr.
- WCOPA Success: Jenna Wilson
- WCOPA Success: Lawrence Brown
- WCOPA Success: Madeline Perrone
- Hanro Janse van Rensburg launches new album
- Christian Baymack lands national commercial
- The President of Russia awards prize to Mansur Musayev
- 2012 Performing Arts Hall of Fame Honoree
- Liz Conde launches first single
- MIGUEL PINON PERFORMS WITH DAVID FOSTER
- LIANAH SANTA ANA APPEARS ON NEW YORK'S FOX TV 5
- GEMMA DAHL IN NUMEROUS COMMERCIALS
- Jed Madela's latest amazing successes!
- Lianah Santa Ana performs at New York's Madison Square Garden
- Madison Ayton continues her winning streak
- CHRISTIAN PATTERSON PERFORMS FOR ROYALTY
- JED MADELA CONQUERS ASIA
- Michael Dameski cast as "Billy Elliot"
- Dionne Warwick to be honored at WCOPA 2011
- Keri McIrnerney Receives International Women's Day Award 2011
- Monique Smith Promoted to Media Coordinator at CNN
- Crystal Days Forbidden is Released to iTunes
- Keri Mcinerney Coordinates Flood Appeal Concerts
- GILBERT GONZALEZ JR. LANDS NATIONAL COMMERCIAL
- SWEDEN'S CORA WATSON SIGNED FOR 10 FILMS
- LIANAH SANTA ANA TO APPEAR WITH GLADYS KNIGHT
- JED MADELA'S "THE CLASSICS ALBUM" LEAPS TO #1
- RHAP SALAZAR WINS MUSIC AWARDS
- JED MADELA TOPS THE CHARTS
- DIMITRI DIATCHENKO SIGNS WITH "GENERAL HOSPITAL"
Already have a ticket for the live show? Login Now!
The Live HD Stream of the 2013 Finale Starts in ...
- April 18, 2013
Big Welcome to Jeff Krapf - Host for WCOPA 2013
Live event announcer, corporate presenter, radio DJ, voice overartist, kid's TV show host, TV personality and all around TV host… that is Jeff Krapf!
He began his career as a successful model and actor but soon ventured into radio and announcing. Now, he concentrates on TV hosting projects. Krapf has run the gamut in hosting from sports shows to current events and news shows and to lifestyle series to travel programs. His numerous projects include live event announcer at Super Bowls, the Final Four Tournament, NBC’s Dew Tour, Monster Jam, national cheerleading competitions, corporate events, fashion shows, and the San Diego Padres.
Welcome to the "WCOPA Family," Jeff!
Founder & CEO
World Championships of Performing Arts
- April 12, 2013
Dina says "I don't think I can remember a time when I wasn't passionate about the performing arts!”
Growing up in South Africa, Dina was very fortunate to have had regular exposure to good quality performances in all areas of the performing arts, especially dance, acting and singing. Dina started her involvement in the world of modeling as a photographic model at the age of 17 and has been involved in modeling and pageants ever since. Dina is an accredited pageant judge and has judged numerous international pageants. Over the years she has been a judge at many performing arts competitions in South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Dina’s association with WCOPA started when both her daughters successfully represented South Africa and New Zealand.
In 2007, Dina established Accolades International Marketing Ltd. New Zealand (AIM), a performing arts talent scouting business. The vision of AIM is to reach everyone who is passionate about the Performing Arts in New Zealand and to provide the opportunity for exposure and development in his/her performing career. Furthermore, their aim is to create a platform for up and coming performers to showcase their talent on a national and international level. The first team of KIWI performers left the shores in 2007 to represent NZ at WCOPA. After the success of 2007, Dina was offered the license for Australia as well. In 2008, Accolades International Marketing Australia was born.
Since 2007 more than 100 talented performing artists competed successfully at WCOPA. These talented New Zealanders have proven themselves on the world stage bringing home gold, silver and bronze medals, scholarships, industry awards and overall world champion awards.
Dina is very proud of some of the successes of previous team members. To name a few:
- Andrew Papas was the finalist in the 2012 showcase returns to New Zealand where he is selected as a member of the New Zealand’s hottest new boy band, Titanium. Titanium was founded by The Edge radio station (one of the top radio stations in NZ). Their debut single “Come On Home” crashing into the official new single chart at #1.
- Kelly Webster makes it two in a row for New Zealand when she wins the coveted Senior Dance Champion of the World title in 2012. Kelly will be taking up her Millennium dance scholarship in July 2013.
- Hayden Withers wins the overall senior dancer of the world in 2011. He will be returning to the USA in July 2013 to further his dancing career.
- Lisa Caulton returns to New Zealand after a successful WCOPA win. Shelley Sondheim, President/ CEO CSM Words and Music travels to New Zealand to record her first CD at Roundhead Studios.
- Jessie Hillel progressed to the WCOPA showcase in 2010 and came in second in the 2012 New Zealand’s Got Talent competition. She is currently recording her first CD at the Roundhead Studios which is an Auckland-based sound recording studio owned by the renowned singer and songwriter Neil Finn.
- Amy Finnigan and Stephanie Vos won scholarships to attend Millennium Dance Complex in 2009. Both are still attending this prestigious dance school.
In 2011 Dina proudly accepted the prestigious Outstanding National Director’s award at the 15th Annual World Championships of Performing Arts in Hollywood, California.
Dina fully believes Friedrich Nietzsche when he says: “Without music, life would be a mistake”
Each year we look forward to seeing the wonderful talent she brings to WCOPA from New Zealand!
Founder and CEO
World Championships of Performing Arts
- April 11, 2013
In July, Anthony Cheah commemorates his 17th consecutive year as the official WCOPA licensed national director for Malaysia and Singapore! His beginnings with the entertainment industry and many successes through the years are quite remarkable.
Anthony Cheah has more than 25 years of extensive experience in the media & entertainment industry. His focus has been on the performing arts, fashion, music, modeling, dance and film industry. He founded GLAMOURWORLD ENTERTAINMENT GROUP LIMITED, a full service entertainment management, marketing and special event company with the goal of developing, financing, producing and managing talented performers for worldwide promotions. He is based in Malaysia and has offices in South East Asia where he manages the firm's project management efforts, intellectual property licensing, entertainment productions and talent management.
He is also cofounder and on the Board of Governors of the Malaysia Alliance of Talents, Modeling and Entertainment (MATME), National Director of the World Championship of Performing Arts (WCOPA), and Advisor for Malaysia Best Talent Award (MBTA). He also has a number of nonexecutive roles in other media, film and entertainment organization and is a member of the Music Entertainment Industry Producer Association.
CONGRATULATIONS, Anthony! We thank you also for supporting the World Championships of Performing Arts in South East Asia over the last 17 years!
Go for the Gold Team Singapore and Team Malaysia!
Founder and CEO
World Championships of Peforming Arts
- March 20, 2013
WCOPA Success: Penny Salcedo
2012 Vocal Finalist
TEAM HONG KONG
For Hong Kong’s rising star Penny Salcedo, getting to record a song written by her biggest influences, superstar Whitney Houston and veteran songwriter David Foster, would be a fairy tale come true. Having recorded her first single, “Come N Chase Me,” Salcedo is thrilled about her future. With The second track completed “Get Me Back Up” the final track is underway for the release of her very first EP.
Salcedo describes her own music as energetic and soulful while at the same time signifying deep meaning. “Music is about stories. Some of those stories can be meaningful and still be energetic. I never choose a song that I can’t relate to in some way, shape, or form. My music will always reflect who I am.”
While her career spans over two decades, her true metamorPhoSe began shortly after her participation in the “WCOPA 2012” (World Championship of Performing Arts). It was this world stage that gained her the recognition she had been yearning for. Upon her return to Hong Kong she was swarmed by countless talent agents, musician representatives and the like. She signed with a local agency New Century Management Limited, with offices in Hong Kong Shanghai and Delray Beach, Florida. Shortly after signing, she was offered a spokesperson contract for an international Swiss Skin Care Company. In August 2012 Penny executed a commercial agreement with Intemporelle Switzerland, with offices in Hong Kong and Zurich. Intemporelle Switzerland is a premium Swiss Skin-Care Brand that offers the finest products to nourish, protect and rejuvenate your skin; indispensable to your most vital daily skincare rituals.
Following her commercial agreement with Intemporelle Switzerland, her management team developed another commercial arrangement as the Asian spokesperson for an American Fashion House set to launch its brand in Asia. Banshee Girls is a fashion-forward apparel line targeting women which incorporate nautical and fishing themes.
While all these commercial agreements are in place and various photo shoots take place throughout Asia, New Century Management has collaborated with Prey Productions Limited and Q-Studios to produce Penny’s first EP. The EP is a collaborative effort of Sean Able, songwriter, Q Studios, Bryan Lee, promoter and New Century Management. “We are excited about the prospects of Penny’s success,” says Kevin Rey, Penny’s business manager. Soon after the final recording of track 3 “Reach For The Stars,” which was written by Penny personally while she was in Los Angeles performing in WCOPA, we immediately go into the music video production for both “Come N Chase Me” and “Reach For the Stars.”
Salcedo has plans to perform on the world stage making a permanent move to becoming a global recording star. Salcedo also knows that, with God on her side, anything is possible for her to achieve her goals and make her dreams come true. “Everyone has dreams and goals,” she states. “I am just going for mine to the extreme!” Salcedo has this to say: “Never doubt your abilities. Never doubt yourselves. Never think that you’re any lesser than any one. But also never feel over-confident.” “Never be abusive. Never be boastful. Never be bragging. Never be not friendly. Never be shy. Never be scared. Never underestimate your destiny. Never let anyone tell you, you can never do it”.
Wishing you much success, Penny.
"Go For The Gold!"
Founder & Chief Executive Officer